Marlin A2 Plus configuration profile

Step by step help for new users installing Marlin for the first time
ModMike

Marlin A2 Plus configuration profile

Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:42 pm

I spent many hours porting over the Skynet bone stock A2 Plus non-auto level. Don't worry, you can easily configure every other variation with Marlin Easy.

I am not a programmer so I took all the definitions and plugged them in by HAND to make sure we have something that works moving forward. When using Marlin Easy, you will notice that many values are tagged as 'Changed', this is normal, I still need to set them as defaults.

Where is the best place to post this?

Gilliandrea

Re: Marlin A2 Plus configuration profile

Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:42 pm

ModMike wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:42 pm
I spent many hours porting over the Skynet bone stock A2 Plus non-auto level. Don't worry, you can easily configure every other variation with Marlin Easy.

I am not a programmer so I took all the definitions and plugged them in by HAND to make sure we have something that works moving forward. When using Marlin Easy, you will notice that many values are tagged as 'Changed', this is normal, I still need to set them as defaults.

Where is the best place to post this?
Got an A2 plus to be built, just waiting on a few pieces to arrive and finish printing other stuff on the A8.

I would be very interested in the file when you get it uploaded, appreciate your hard work in doing this ;) I had been wondering about what files I was going to use in Marlin :D

ModMike

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:07 am

I bricked the board and spent 3 days unblocking it. Now I get an error when I try to load my config. Not sure if I have the right boot loader.

Ping me when you are done, I'm subscribed. Hopefully I'll be done by then.

ModMike

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:09 am

Got everything working and discovered some very interesting things! The SkyNet version is COMPLETELY WRONG!!!!

Every axis and ends stops need to inverted, even the extruder. Can you believe the stock firmware had this wrong?

I am almost done testing, just validating the feed rates and acceleration.

Let me know if you need it before I am done, I'll clean up what I have and post it somewhere, maybe Marlin's Git hub.
Last edited by ModMike on Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ModMike

Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:16 am

I also designed and mounted a whole new modular X-Carriage, I still need to tweak it a bit but I will post on Thingiverse and alert people here when.

This is a preview, the final design has some changes, particularly the belt mounting system and docking system. Not shown but part of the system are eccentric nuts with built in standoffs to adjust your X carriage wheels. I was obviously inspired by what I saw but 80% is original.

When this is done I will be adding a carriage mount fang style fan.