Anet A8 Wiring Upgrades

Adding Go Faster Stripes to your 3D Printer
JonnyAlpha

Anet A8 Wiring Upgrades

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:10 am

Hi;

I am in the process of re-wiring my Anet A8 following this guide:
http://moderntoil.com/?p=850 and have a couple of questions.

I have bought some 14AWG to run from the PSU to the first Mosfet and 16AWG for all other wiring as suggested in the guide
I also bought the BIQU Heat Bed Power Module Expansion Hot Bed Mosfet twin pack but from Amazon UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

Question 1:
I was just about to re-wire my Anet A8 to upgrade the wiring and opened my box of crimp connectors and realised that I had no Fork connectors which is what I need for the screw terminals on the PSU / Mosfet and MainBoard,

I checked eBay and found that they come in several sizes, but I am not sure how they are measured? Any idea what size I need for:
1. The PSU connections.
2. The Mainboard Connections.
3. My Mosfet Connections

Question 2:
Also the wiring from my Heat Bed to the Mainboard looks quite substantial. I had printed a support for the Heat Bed wiring which I will fit but rather than replacing the wiring can I just add this support to stop it moving and re-connect the MainBoard end to my Mosfet or should I replace the wiring? I will change the Heat Bed + and - connections using some female spade connectors.

Many thanks

freddan_6

Re: Anet A8 Wiring Upgrades

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:59 pm

I have one pair of wiring to the motherboard, and one separate pair of wiring to the heatbed (via a mosfet). Just in case I get a short, it will not affect the motherboard's ability to protect from thermal runaway. You have 3 separate + and 3 separate - on the PSU. With separate wiring you do not need the fork. And I directly soldered the end of the cables, I did not crimp on any forks (for the MOSFET).