Anet AM8 - New Printer

Adding Go Faster Stripes to your 3D Printer
dangerbees42

Anet AM8 - New Printer

Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:34 am

Just finished an AM8 build from an unassembled A8, lots of mods, upgrades etc. Sucker is working great

http://dangerbees.com/index.php/2018/01 ... build-log/ Build Log

WarHawk8080

Re: Anet AM8 - New Printer

Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:42 am

Nice!! Building an enclosure?

So jelly....I have a stock Anet A8, it prints well so no need to go all steel for me

dangerbees42

Re: Anet AM8 - New Printer

Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:56 am

<t>Yes indeed am working on the enclosure now. The lack table, lighting, spool, feeding is all working well, just working out in my head how to handle the outboarding of the electronics. I was planning on mounthing the power supply and board at the rear of the enclosure, where I have extra space, but am now working towards a bit more conventional setup, no real big hurry as she is printing PLA just fine on the PEI sheet in open air. Definately have some uneven part cooling problems going on, a new nozzle should help that, but am also moving to a bowden setup in a few days, so while I am in 'high tinkering mode' there is no real need to enclose it. I like using sheet metal for the side that I pass through cables and such, but am not completely sold on this machines location, lots of little details to work out. I don't really need an enclosure as I have another printer in an enclosure that easily prints ABS, so this is sort of a test bed, mule, learning platform for me.</t>