What we want

What we are looking for
CharlieSully

Re: What we want

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:37 pm

Definetly a software section and broken down into the different offerings out there, I know this as I'm having software issues this morning!

AircraftMonkey1964

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:43 pm

Jomac wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:19 pm
Its very easy to have an admin only area, in fact its very easy to have an admin and a second moderator area that is password controlled. These area's cant be seen by normal users, just admins and mods

One of the things i would like to add, is LIVE chat, ive had this before on a PHP site, and was very popular. Its also easy to have a private chat, just for admins, in the same way we have private chat for the admins on FB
Here is a site that has dl of a chat extension for the phone sites.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... 0&t=543865

AircraftMonkey

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:32 am

We also need a page with just firmware and software download links to refer every one to.

Jomac
Site Admin

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 am

All taken on board. We have 2 admins Robbert and Spencer who will be devoting their time to just the file section
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left :lol:

LrdSatyr8

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:05 pm

Should also have a section for Suggested Brands... for filaments, tools, hotends, etc... and perhaps a Swap Shop for those that would like to trade pieces they aren't using with someone who has something they need.
Whatever you do, don't tighten the nuts against the acrylic too much... you'll regret it!

kf1zradio

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:23 pm

Definitely agree on the 'swap shop" !

And "services" as well. For those of use who can and will replace components on the control boards etc.
Along with those who offer print services etc, etc...
If it ain't broke,
Just keep tryin' to fix it!

kf1zradio

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:28 pm

Hopefully moderators and admins have the capability to MOVE entire subjects into a more fitting section.
As an effort to keep relevant posts together
If it ain't broke,
Just keep tryin' to fix it!

Borg42

Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:38 am

I like this idea.

sepher8720

Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:53 am

Kanawati wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:43 pm
Oh! and a very little nice thing I saw in several forums: a "Thank you" button. I believe the efforts should be appreciated (plus it will save space)
I really like this idea... I only wish there was some kind of easy way to show my opinion of the idea that didn't involve me having to type out this reply, like maybe some kind of "Thumbs Up" button. But mild sarcasm aside, I do really like you idea but I think it should be a more general kind of a button such as a "Thumbs Up" button.

I feel that being more general with the concept of the button makes it less restricted. By that I guess I mean that I feel it would be more useful and save space even further. For example, with this post I wouldn't want to click a "thank you" button but I would want to click a "thumbs up" button to show my general appreciation of the idea.
At what point is it no longer considered an ANET A8??

sepher8720

Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:15 am

So many great ideas posted already. My personal idea was to be able to make polls but this is already possible. So I will shortly start making a poll for things we would like to see. But here's a list of some of the ideas that I like so far.

Major-minor-sub categories similar to suggested by CharlieSully and Kanawati.

Stickied threads that cover the basic most common stuff as suggested by thamask.

Admin and moderator only areas as suggested by many.

Live chat - including private live chat for admins and mods as suggested by Jomac.

Page with software, firmware, other useful tools links BUT separate to a general files page similar to suggested by AircraftMonkey.

Suggested Brands and Swap Shop/Services as suggested by LrdSatyr8 and kf1zradio.

Admins and mods having the ability to move entire subjects/ threads around as suggested by kf1radio.
At what point is it no longer considered an ANET A8??